I don’t know about you, but my life has been a bit chaotic recently. Cross country move, covid, living out of hotels- a girl just needs a cocktail, am I right?! I’m a sucker for a good Margarita, but I’ll be honest, my body hates them. 😩 So, I was thinking, what is refreshing like a margarita, but isn’t a margarita?! A dessert cocktail!
Think Margarita- but in dessert form! Layers of crunchy graham cracker crust, fluffy tart cheesecake dollops and delicious creamy strawberries soaked in Tequila Rose Strawberries and Cream Liqueur.
For the Crust-🧈
- 8 graham crackers crumbled
- 3 tbs melted butter
- Fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 1 tbs condensed milk
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl
For the Cheesecake-🍰
- 12 oz room temperature whipped cream cheese
- 2 oz condensed milk
- 1 oz Tequila Rose Strawberries and Cream Liqueur
- fresh squeezed juice from 1 lime + zest
- Combine ingredients in large bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy.
For the Strawberries & Cream-🍓
- 8-10 strawberries
- 1 tbs sugar
- Fresh lime juice
- 3 oz Tequila Rose Strawberries and Cream Liqueur
- Chop strawberries and smash with a fork. Soak in Liqueur for 1 hour.
Now it’s time to put it all together!
Layer a tall cocktail glass starting with the crust at the bottom. I’m a sucker for the crust on cheesecake so I made my layers of crust extra thickkk. Garnish with fresh lemon and strawberries. Best served chilled. Makes two 14 oz dessert cocktails. These would also be perfect for shooter sized glasses for a group!
As always- tag me on Instagram @katiescardiokitchen if you make one of my recipes so I can see!